A lot of iPhone owners nowadays love to take selfies. Whether it is during travel, important events, parties or everyday happenings, selfies are now a very commonly used way of clicking your own pictures. After the unveiling of the forward-facing camera by Apple, it has become even easier to pose for selfies. Just like you would want a regular picture to be captured with the best possible light and color settings, people want the same for their selfies. The iPhones older than the iPhone 6S do not allow for changing flash settings in the forward facing or selfie camera. Users of these models generally use some iPhone apps to capture selfies in better settings. However, starting from iPhone 6S you can easily adjust the flash settings even for the forward-facing camera. Let’s look at the few quick steps to turn your selfie flash on and off as required –
- Open your iPhone camera either by tapping on the camera app on the springboard or the camera icon in the control center.
- Once it is open, tap on the icon to change the camera to forward facing or the selfie camera.
- The ‘lightning bolt’ sign on the top right is for the flash setting. Tap on that to see all the options.
- You can set it to ‘Auto’, ‘On’ or ‘Off’ depending on what you need, by tapping on that particular option.
It’s easy to share your iPhone’s data with other nearby WiFi devices. Here’s how to make a your iPhone a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Have you ever wanted to share your iPhone’s cellular connection with other nearby Wi-Fi devices? It is not hard to set up your iPhone as a portable Wi-Fi hotspot. This allows the iPhone to be used as a mobile broadband WiFi hotspot.
Why should I create a Wi-Fi hotspot with my iPhone?
Let’s say you’re travelling with your iPhone and MacBook or a Wi-Fi-only iPad and want to do some work. At this point you’ve got two options: do the work on the larger-screen devices, but without being able to connect to any online resources; or go online but be stuck with a smaller screen.
Turning your iPhone into a Wi-Fi hotspot gives you the option of allowing your laptop and tablet to utilise your phone’s internet connection and data allowance. Wi-Fi hotspots are great when you are working on the go.
Check with your mobile phone provider first or at least check your plan’s data allowance to ensure that you have enough data for both devices, if you have a limited allowance you should only use the Wi-Fi hotspot for a short amount of time.
How to create an iPhone hotspot
A Wi-Fi hotspot makes the iPhone a Wi-Fi router, much like your home modem. The iPhone connects to the internet using its cellular data connection, and then broadcasts this via a Wi-Fi connection that your other devices, can connect to .
- Tap on your iPhone’s Settings app to open it.
- Then tap on Cellular
- Tap on Personal Hotspot.
- Tap on the slider to activate Personal Hotspot.
Your iPhone is now a Wi-Fi hotspot. To connect to this hotspot, select the ‘iPhone’ wireless network and enter the Wi-Fi password that appears under the Personal Hotspot.
If you found this article helpful would you please leave us a comment below to let us know. If there is a specific article or guide you’d like us to write please email us or leave a comment below. Click here to view our iPhone accessories.
Tagged with: Wi-fi hotspot
- Tap on the Messages icon to open the app.
- Once your messages are open, tap on the conversation of the contact for whom you want to turn on Do Not Disturb.
- Then tap on the symbol at the top right corner to open the details for that contact.
- Tap the slider to enable the Hide Alerts Hit Done.
- In the list of conversations, you will see a crescent moon symbol next to the contact’s name. This indicates that the Do Not Disturb setting is active for that contact.
- To disable Do Not Disturb for a contact, just swipe left on that contact’s conversation. Tap on Show Alerts.
- Once the crescent moon symbol is gone, it means you have successfully disabled Do Not Disturb for that contact.
If you found this article helpful would you please leave us a comment below to let us know. If there is a specific article or guide you’d like us to write please email us or leave a comment below. Click here to view our iphone cases and accessories.
A mobile hotspot utilizes the phone’s 3G or 4G cellular network and shares that network via Wi-Fi with other devices around it. This is especially useful when you have to use your laptop or tablet at a location with no available wireless network. In this situation, you can temporarily turn your Android phone into a mobile hotspot and pick up the connection via Wi-Fi on your laptop/tablet. Mind you, this should only be used as a temporary solution as it utilizes a lot of data. Let’s look at the few easy steps to setup your mobile hotspot –
- Tap on the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Then tap on the Mobile hotspot and tethering
- Tap on Mobile hotspot.
- Tap on the green slider to enable the Mobile hotspot.
Your Android phone will now be a Wi-Fi hotspot. To connect another device to this hotspot, select the ‘AndroidAP’ option from the available Wi-Fi networks.
If you found this article helpful would you please leave us a comment below to let us know. If there is a specific article or guide you’d like us to write please email us or leave a comment below. Click here to view our phone accessories.